TSA Travel List
Before Packing keep in mind that liquids, gels and aerosols packed in a carry-on must follow the 3-1-1 liquids rule:
- 3.4 ounces or less per container
- 1 quart size, clear, plastic, zip top bag (all liquids must fit in bag)
- 1 bag per passenger
Review the prohibited items list for both carry-on and checked baggage.
If purchasing a baggage lock, be sure to look for those that are TSA recognized.
Tape a card with your name and contact information on your electronics.
- Pack items in layers (shoes one layer. clothes one layer, electronics one layer. etc.)
- Firearms are only allowed in checked baggage and must be unloaded, placed in a locked, hard-sided container and declared to your airline.
- All fireworks contain explosive materials and are not permitted in checked or carry-on baggage.
- Pack large electronics an top layer of carry-on for screening accessibility.
- Place your 3-1-1 bag with liquids, gels and aerosols in the front pocket of your carry-on for accessibility.
- If traveling with a pet, be sure to bring a leash so carriers can be properly screened.
- Give yourself enough time to arrive at the airport early.
- Wear easily removable shoes.
- Passengers with a disability or medical condition may call ahead to the TSA Cares toll free helpline at (855) 787-2227.
Before Entering the Checkpoint:
- Eligible passengers look for the TSA Pre✓® lane for expedited screening at participating airports.
- Have your ID and boarding pass out for inspection.
At the Checkpoint:
- Remove the 3-1-1 liquids bag and place it in the bin.
- Ensure pockets are empty (keys, tissues, currency, wallets, cell phones, etc.) and remove bulky jewelry (valuable items can be placed in carry-on).
- Remove your shoes and place them directly on the X-ray belt.
- Remove computers and large electronics from carry-on and place in the bin alone (video game consoles, remote control toys, etc.)
- Remember to check the bins and collect all belongings after going through screening.
Need a Passport? Here is How to Apply for a U.S. Passport