Before Packing Please Note:
- Liquids, gels and aerosols packed in carry-on must follow the 3-1-1 liquids rule:
- 3.4 ounces or less per container
- 1 quart size, clear, plastic, zip top bag (all liquids must fit in bag)
- 1 bag per passenger
- Review the prohibited items list for both carry-on and checked baggage.
- If purchasing a baggage lock, be sure to look for those that are TSA recognized.
- Tape a card with your name and contact information on your electronics.
- Pack items in layers (shoes one layer. clothes one layer, electronics one layer. etc.)
- Firearms are only allowed in checked baggage and must be unloaded, placed in a locked, hard-sided container and declared to your airline.
- All fireworks contain explosive materials and are not permitted in checked or carry-on baggage.
- Pack large electronics an top layer of carry-on for screening accessibility.
- Place your 3-1-1 bag with liquids, gels and aerosols in the front pocket of your carry-on for accessibility.
- If traveling with a pet, be sure to bring a leash so carriers can be properly screened.
Before Leaving for the Airport:
- Give yourself enough time to arrive at the airport early.
- Wear easily removable shoes.
- Passengers with a disability or medical condition may call ahead to the TSA Cares toll free helpline at (855) 787-2227.
Before Entering the Checkpoint:
- Eligible passengers look for the TSA Pre✓® lane for expedited screening at participating airports.
- Have your ID and boarding pass out for inspection.
At the Checkpoint:
- Remove the 3-1-1 liquids bag and place it in the bin.
- Ensure pockets are empty (keys, tissues, currency, wallets, cell phones, etc.) and remove bulky jewelry (valuable items can be placed in carry-on).
- Remove your shoes and place them directly on the X-ray belt.
- Remove computers and large electronics from carry-on and place in the bin alone (video game consoles, remote control toys, etc.)
- Remember to check the bins and collect all belongings after going through screening.
For more information: https://www.tsa.gov/travel/travel-tips/travel-checklist
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates. Moms Treasure Chest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no added cost to you.