Irish Potato Candy Recipe Keto Style
These sweet coconut candies are delicious any time of year, not just St. Patrick’s Day!
Irish potatoes are a century old Philadelphia tradition, and although they’re called Irish Potatoes, most recipes don’t contain potatoes. They’re a delicious candy made mainly with coconut, confectioner’s sugar and cream cheese and rolled in cinnamon to look like tiny potatoes.
Watch Irish Potato Candy making in the process:
Below you’ll find the Irish Potato Candy recipe; however, if you don’t have the time or desire to make your own, you can purchase this scrumptious treat here:
Irish Potato Candy Ingredients:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons of butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup Swerve powdered sweetener
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon for rolling the candies in
For making your own Irish Potato Candy and easy online shopping, below are links to the ingredients needed to make Keto Irish Potato Candy; you’ll also need butter and cream cheese:
Irish Potato Candy Directions:
- Beat cream cheese and butter until combined.
- Add vanilla and coconut extracts and half the sugar, mix well.
- Add remaining sugar and shredded coconut, continue beating until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape into 1 inch balls, roll in cinnamon, place on wax paper to dry. Enjoy!
If you’d like to make Adults Only Irish Potatoes, here’s the recipe:
BUY READY MADE IRISH POTATO CANDY:
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!