Easy Pineapple Cheesecake Bar Recipe
This delicious dessert is perfect for after dinner, for a party or a barbecue, but be prepared to share the recipe because it’s a crowd pleaser!
6 tablespoons butter, softened
5 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 to 3 tablespoons whole milk
1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
5 eggs, separated
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar.
- In a separate bowl combine flour and baking powder then add to butter mixture.
- Add egg, mix until well blended and crumbly.
- Add milk and blend until dough forms a soft ball.
- Pat dough onto bottom and 1-1/2 inches up sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish
- Place pineapple in a strainer over a large glass. Press pineapple with the back of a spoon to squeeze dry.
- Spread pineapple evenly over bottom crust.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour.
- Add the egg yolks, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well.
- Add enough milk to reserved pineapple juice to measure 2-1/2 cups.
- Stir milk mixture into cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites on high until stiff.
- Fold filling mixture into egg whites.
- Gently pour into crust. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 325° for 55 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!