McDonald’s Hamburger Recipe
Did you know that McDonald’s serves over 4,500 hamburgers every minute?
In this article you’ll find a homemade hamburger recipe that comes pretty close in taste to a McDonald’s hamburger. The secrets to achieving great results are listed at the bottom of the hamburger recipe, so be sure to follow these tips for recreating a McDonald’s burger at home with the McDonald’s Hamburger Recipe below.
Easy Hamburger Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Pound Ground Chuck or 80% Lean Beef
- 8 Hamburger Buns
- 8 Dill Pickle Slices
- 4 Tablespoons Dried Chopped or Minced Onion
- Yellow Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Boiling Water
- Special Seasoning, see recipe below
Special McDonald’s Hamburger Recipe Seasoning
One of the secrets of McDonald’s food is the special blend of seasoning they use to enhance their burgers. Here is a great recipe for your own “special seasoning” mixture:
- 2 Tablespoons Salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon Accent (msg)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
Mix well and place in a shaker.
Directions for forming the hamburger patty and cooking your burger
- Form the beef into 8 patties. Take a ball of beef mixture and flatten. Each hamburger patty should be approximately 2-4 ounces, about 4 inches wide.
- Place the patties on a baking sheet that is covered with waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Freeze the baking tray of patties for at least 1 1/2 hours.
- Prepare the Special Seasoning mix.
- Place the onions in a small bowl or coffee cup. Add boiling water to cover the onions, about 1/4 cup, and allow onions to soak for 30 minutes, drain thoroughly.
- Brown faces of bun in a dry frying pan over medium heat.
- Remove buns and cook hamburger patties in pan. Cook each hamburger for approximately 2-4 minutes per side, sprinkling each side with seasoning mix and pressing down on the patty with a spatula.
- Swirl ketchup and mustard on the bottom bun, add onions and pickles. If you want a cheeseburger add a slice of cheese, then place patty on top. Add bun top to burger.
- Place burger in microwave wrapped loosely in paper towel for about 10 seconds to steam. Serve and enjoy!
Tips for the McDonald’s Hamburger recipe; make your homemade hamburger taste like a McDonald’s burger
- Use smooth, thinly sliced, dill hamburger pickles. I’ve had the most luck getting these in very large jars in the restaurant supply sections of stores like BJ’s or Sam’s Club. Vlasic hamburger pickles will do, but they are sliced thick and crinkly, not thin and smooth like McDonald’s pickles.
- Use dehydrated chopped onions that you buy in the spice aisle in the supermarket. Fresh onions just aren’t the same!
- Use the “special seasoning” mixture on your hamburgers, just plain salt isn’t the same.
- Toast your buns!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates. Moms Treasure Chest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no added cost to you.