When you hear about the ketogenic diet, you might wonder is it as good as people say it is for losing weight? The answer is, Yes, the keto can be a great way to lose weight relativity quickly and improve your life and well being. A great place to start is The Keto diet for beginners
Testing to see if your body is in ketosis:
What is a ketogenic diet?
The Keto diet is a way of eating that is low in carbohydrates, moderate in protein and high in fat. The goal is to send your body into the state of “ketosis” through what you eat.
The body enters ketosis when it no longer has stores of glycogen sugar and carbs to fuel its energy needs. With carbs and sugar out of the way, the body starts to burn fat instead. This is what makes the keto program a good way to lose body fat.
- What are some Keto diet benefits?
Unlike other diets that offer practitioners a weight loss benefit and little else, the keto diet comes with several benefits.
- Weight loss: Without a doubt, weight loss is the primary benefit of a successful keto diet regimen. It works because it forces the body to burn its fat reserves to power its metabolism. When the body is deprived of carbs, it enters a state of ketosis. Blood sugar and insulin levels fall when that happens. As the body taps the energy in fat cells, they release considerable quantities of water, making for some great weight loss. The fat cells are then able to enter the bloodstream and make their way to the liver, where they are turned into ketones for energy processing. As long as your diet allows you to stay in a caloric deficit, you get to enjoy the weight loss benefits of the keto diet.
- It takes the edge off your appetite: When your diet isn’t heavy on carbs, you’ll find that you don’t crave as much food as before. Many people who are on the keto diet are able to also easily practice intermittent fasting. They are simply not as hungry as before.
- Improved ability to focus: When you choose a regular diet that puts carbs into the body, your brain has to deal with the rise and fall in sugar levels that happens as a result. Inconsistent energy levels can make it hard for the brain to focus. With the keto diet, however, the energy source is constant and consistent. The brain is better able to stay focused.
- You feel more energetic: When you are on a regular diet, your body is always on the verge of running out of energy. You need to constantly eat and refuel. However, with a keto diet the body taps its fat reserves, a nearly unending energy source. The body is then able to maintain constant energy levels throughout the day. The result is you end up feeling a lot more energetic.
- An Amazing Keto diet benefit is it helps fight diabetes: When you suffer from Type II diabetes, your body experiences high levels of insulin. Since the keto diet takes excess sugar from your diet, it helps stabilize Hb A1c counts, and reverse Type II diabetes.
- Improved levels of good cholesterol: HDL cholesterol helps get rid of the body’s bad cholesterol reserves. When you’re on keto, your body’s triglyceride levels fall and your HDL cholesterol levels rise.
- Lower blood pressure: There is growing evidence that reducing sugars and starches (carbohydrates) in the diet can improve metabolic syndrome and hypertension
The keto diet can change a person’s life and it is an easy diet program to begin. .All it takes is the willingness to give it a shot.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates. Moms Treasure Chest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no added cost to you.