Keto Almond Joy Cookie Recipe
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp coconut or vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 large eggs, whites only
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 ounces milk or dark sugar-free chocolate, chopped
- 2 tsp virgin coconut oil
Keto Almond Joy Macaroons Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring the heavy cream to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook until slightly thickened and reduced, for approximately 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the Swerve confectioners sweetener and the coconut extract.
- Sprinkle the surface with xanthan gum and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Stir in the shredded coconut and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites with the salt until they hold stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in the coconut mixture until well combined.
- Drop by the spoonful into 16 even mounds on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until just barely browned around the edges and just firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely on the pan.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth.
- Dip the bottom of each cookie in the melted chocolate and set on a waxed paper lined tray.
- Drizzle or pipe the remaining chocolate over each cookie.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes to set the chocolate.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates. Moms Treasure Chest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no added cost to you.