Herbs are some of the easiest plants to grow, making growing an indoor herb garden a family fun project for all ages. Growing your own herbs is simple and an indoor herb garden kit is a great way to insure a successful herb garden.
Indoor herb garden kit:
This kit comes with everything that you need to start your own herb garden. 5 types of herb seeds, soil, plant markers, reusable bamboo pots, trays, and easy to follow planting instructions are all provided.
Or here’s a Hydroponic growing system to grow your herb garden:
- INCLUDES HERB SEED KIT (6 POD) – Genovese Basil, Curly Parsley, Dill, Thyme, Thai Basil and Mint.
- a 3oz bottle of all natural plant nutrients (enough for a full season of growth)
- PLANT TO PLATE – Up to 6 plants grow at a time, up to 12 inches Tall with this indoor garden; Grows in water no soil, no mess, Made simple
- EASY TO USE – Control panel tells you when to add water, reminds you when to add plant food (included), automatically turns lights on and off for your hydroponics growing system.Do not allow water to contact hot LED Grow Lights
- LED GROW LIGHTS – High performance, full Spectrum 20 watt LED high efficiency grow lighting system in your herb garden is tuned to the specific needs of plants to maximize photosynthesis, resulting in rapid, natural growth and abundant harvests
- IN HOME GARDEN SYSTEM – Grow fresh herbs & veggies all Year Round in this indoor herb garden.
Use these tips when growing your own indoor herb garden:
- Always wash fresh herbs before use.
- Where to Grow Herbs Indoors: Place in a sunny east- or south-facing window or consider a grow light or indoor aerogarden for your herbs.
- Basil, parsley, and rosemary are easy to grow indoors.
Easiest Herbs to Grow Indoors and How to Use Them:
- Rosemary – Add flavor to poultry, beef, fish, potato dishes, pasta dishes, or pizza dough
- Mint – Add to tea, desserts, grain dishes, salads, pork, lamb, peas, or sauces
- Thyme – Add flavor to beef, pork, lamb, vegetable dishes, lentils, fish, soups, sauces, or egg dishes
- Sage – Add flavor to poultry, poultry stuffing, beef, pork, sauces, bean dishes, or sausage
- Oregano – Add to pizza, sauces, pork, vegetable dishes, fish, or chili
- Tarragon – Use to flavor poultry, seafood, egg dishes, or sauces
- Parsley – Chop and sprinkle onto any dish
- Cilantro – Use in fresh salsa or guacamole
- Chives – Add to egg or potato dishes
- Basil – Use in salads, pesto, sauces, egg dishes, or pasta dishes. Basil is an easy herb to grow and is great for cooking or making appetizers like tomato, basil mozzarella caprese.
Tips for an indoor herb garden and growing herbs in containers:
- It is great if you have outdoor space to plant herbs. However, many herbs grow better in containers (especially mint, basil, thyme, parsley, and rosemary.
- Choose herbs that you cook with the most frequently.
- Choose a sunny location. Don’t forget that pots can be moved around when seasons and light conditions shift.
- Remember to rotate your pots occasionally, so that your herbs grow evenly.
- Use a Container with good drainage, choose pots with drains and saucers. If you only have a sealed pot, place rocks in the bottom of the pot and add some vermiculite to the soil, or use potting soil, to help with drainage.
- Use the proper soil, be sure to purchase potting or container soil rather than bringing in dirt from outside. Potting soil is disease- and weed-free, drains quickly, and will help promote rapid and healthy root growth.
- Water and fertilize carefully. Most plants die from too much attention, rather than not enough. Fertilizer should be added every three to six weeks, depending on whether the plant is indoor or outdoor. Use a calendar to keep track. To check for water, put your finger in the soil about two inches deep. If it is dry, the plant needs water. Otherwise, don’t water it.
- Harvest properly, wait until the plant is mature to harvest for the first time. Never harvest more than one third of the plant at one time. Wait for that one third to grow back before you harvest again. Remove all flowers that appear to ensure the most vibrant flavor. Herbs will grow quicker and fuller if you prune them correctly.
- SMART INDOOR GARDEN KIT: automatic ON/OFF of the LED grow light, the lights will automatically turn off after 18 hours of constant use, and will turn back on after 6 hours of rest, setting the perfect light time to help your plants photosynthesis, creating a cycle of 24 hours.
- Up to 12 plants grown at once, allow you growing fresh herbs, vegetables, salad greens, flowers and more with the indoor gardening system, which can grow plants 5 times faster than growing in soil. You can enjoy any hydroponics plants you want in any seasons. Ideal for indoor use, either on the kitchen counter, window or living room.