How to Make Seasoned Pretzels
Soft Pretzels have always been a favorite snack for Philadelphians, however they have become popular all over the country. Wendys now has the Pretzel Bacon Cheeseburger, Sonic features a Pretzel Dog, and little Caesar’s has a Pretzel Crust Pizza.
Hard pretzels have always been a go- to snack for parties, they go great with wine or beer, dips, in party mixes and even dipped in chocolate. With this seasoned pretzels recipe you’ll be upping your pretzel game.
This recipe is a twist (pun-intended) on your plain old hard pretzel. You’ve probably seen flavored pretzel snacks in the grocery store; however, they are expensive and it’s a small bag. Here’s an inexpensive way to make delicious seasoned pretzels right at home. You might want to make a double batch, they’re addictive! After making these you might be inspired to get creative and invent your own flavor of seasoned pretzels, think garlic, Parmesan, sesame!
Making your own seasoned pretzels is easy, but be sure to make extra batches for your picnic or party because these tasty snacks disappear fast.
Make Your Own Flavored Pretzels
It’s no wonder American’s spend about $500 million dollars a year on pretzels, they come in so many delicious varieties and are so versatile! You can sprinkle them on top of your ice cream, or enjoy a pretzel cone filled with ice cream. You can even use them as a crust for cooking boneless chicken breasts. They are a great low fat snack with so many varieties to choose from – nibs, waffles, sticks, peanut butter filled, seasoned, cracker flips, sourdough, chocolate covered and more. Now you can make gourmet pretzels at home with this easy recipe.
The best pretzels to use for making this recipe are sourdough nuggets, which can often be found in your local Dollar Tree store for just 1.00 a bag!
Ingredients for Seasoned Pretzels:
- 1 Large Bag Pretzels, Sourdough Nuggets or Pieces
- 1 Cup Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Envelope Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 teaspoon Dill Weed
- 1 Tablespoon Steak Seasoning
- 1/3 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
You can buy all the ingredients for seasoned pretzels below:
Directions for Seasoned Pretzels:
- Crush pretzels into bite sized pieces and place into a very large bowl.
- Add the oil, dressing mix, dill, steak seasoning, cayenne pepper in a separate small bowl and mix well. Pour the oil mixture over the pretzels and mix well to coat all pretzels.
- Pour the pretzels onto a baking sheet. Bake at 250 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Cool and Enjoy!
Here’s another easy recipe from Moms Treasure Chest: