Funnel Cake Recipe
Funnel Cake Ingredients
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Powdered Sugar, For sprinking on top of cakes
- Frying Pan, 2 inches of oil for frying
- Gallon Size Plastic food Storage Bag
- In a large skillet heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients well and let batter rest for about 5 minutes. If it is too runny add additional flour.
- Add batter to Ziploc type food storage bag. Snip off the edge of one corner to make a hole for the batter to come out – not too big a hole, start small and then you can always increase the size.
- Squeeze the batter into the frying pan. Start with a big circle and connect the ends. Then crisscross all over and make a lattice type pattern.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on each side – until golden brown. The second side won’t take as long as the first. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- When golden brown remove from oil and place on paper towels to drain.
- Serve warm, sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates. Moms Treasure Chest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no added cost to you.