Easy Chicken Dinner
This is a one of our favorite go-to easy chicken dinners. It’s quick, easy, and is a great option for those nights that you don’t know what to make for dinner. Crispy on top and creamy in the center, it’s a real comfort dish, and even better the next day if you have leftovers…we rarely do!
The ingredients in this delicious chicken bake are easy to keep on hand. I always keep extra Stove Top stuffing mix and canned creamed soup on hand to make this recipe at a moment’s notice. I also keep plenty of frozen chicken breasts in the freezer. I can whip this together and have it ready to go into the oven in a flash. After you make this easy chicken dinner casserole a few times, it’ll become as quick and easy for you to make, too!
Easy Chicken Dinner Ingredients:
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, sliced into bite-sized servings
- 1 can Campbells Cream Soup, chicken or mushroom or broccoli
- 1 box Stove Top Stuffing Mix Chicken
- 6 Slices of Swiss cheese
- 9×13 oven to table baking dish like the one shown below:
Directions for Easy Chicken Dinner, step by ste:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the Stove Top stuffing mix according to the directions on the package, very easy to do in the microwave!
- Slice the chicken breasts into bite size slices and place in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Pour the soup over the chicken. Add a little water or milk to thin soup and make it easier to mix. Mix chicken and soup until well coated. Spread the chicken out evenly in dish.
- Layer the slices of Swiss cheese over chicken mixture.
- Top cheese with prepared Stove Top stuffing and spread evenly.
- Cover with foil, bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Step-by-Step Photo Guide
Serve and enjoy!
Tips for How to Handle Chicken Safely
- Fresh Chicken: Chicken is kept cold during distribution to retail stores to prevent the growth of bacteria and to increase its shelf life. Chicken should feel cold to the touch when purchased. Select fresh chicken just before checking out at the register. Put packages of chicken in disposable plastic bags (if available) to contain any leakage which could cross-contaminate cooked foods or produce. Make the grocery store your last stop before going home.
At home, immediately place chicken in a refrigerator that maintains a temperature of 40 °F (4.4 °C) or below. Use it within 1 or 2 days, or freeze it at 0 °F (-17.8 °C). If kept frozen continuously, it will be safe indefinitely.
Chicken may be frozen in its original packaging or repackaged. If freezing chicken longer than 2 months, overwrap the porous store plastic packages with airtight heavy-duty foil, plastic wrap, or freezer paper, or place the package inside a freezer bag. Use these materials or airtight freezer containers to freeze the chicken from opened packages or repackage family packs of chicken into smaller amounts.
Proper wrapping prevents “freezer burn,” which appears as grayish-brown leathery spots and is caused by air reaching the surface of food. Cut freezer-burned portions away either before or after cooking the chicken. Heavily freezer-burned products may have to be discarded because they may be too dry or tasteless.
- Over 60 million boxes of Stove Top stuffing are sold for Thanksgiving in America.
- Perdue Chicken Company sells over $6 billion dollars of it’s products each year.
- According to the American Cancer Society, broccoli can help prevent cancer. Broccoli is a member of the cabbage family and is considered a good source of nutrients. Broccoli is rich in vitamin C fiber and folate and a good source of phytochemicals that have anticancer properties.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates. Moms Treasure Chest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no added cost to you.