Easy Saltine Cracker Candy Recipe
This sweet treat is irresistable, thus it has received the nickname “crack candy”. It’s an easy recipe and a great go-to treat recipe for when your cupboards are empty and you’re searching for something sweet. There are four simple ingredients in this cracker candy recipe: saltines, butter, brown sugar and chocolate chips.
Cracker Candy Ingredients:
- 1 sleeve of saltine crackers
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1- 12 ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
Saltine Cracker Candy Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray foil with nonstick spray.
3. Arrange the saltines salt-side down in a single layer covering the pan entirely.
4. In medium pot, melt the butter and brown sugar together and boil until it turns a caramel color, it will take a few
5. Remove pot from the heat and pour the mixture over the crackers, covering them evenly.
6. Place the cookie sheet in the oven for about 3 to 5 minutes, until just bubbly, watching carefully.
7. Remove pan from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the crackers. When the chips melt a bit, spread
them over the crackers with a spatula or knife. Spread and cover all the crackers with a thin layer of the
8. Transfer the pan to the freezer for about 15 minutes, or until completely cold. Break into pieces and Enjoy!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates. Moms Treasure Chest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no added cost to you.