A classic cookie, these Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are tender on the inside, almost like a brownie. This fabulous cookie looks great on any cookie tray especially for the holidays, and it’s an easy recipe to make.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies have a little crunch on the outside, and are soft on the inside, l covered in powdered sugar they’re the perfect little sweet treat. They look just fabulous all dusted with powdery, snowy sugar.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar for rolling
Easy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies Instructions:
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Fill a small bowl with 1 cup of confectioners sugar and set aside for rolling cookies.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil and sugar. Then add eggs one at a time and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
- This part you’ll want to do in thirds and by hand: Pour one third of the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients, stir until combined. Add the next third and stir until all the dry ingredients are wet. Add the last third and again stir until the dry ingredients are wet. I finish by using the mixer for a minute or so to fully combine all ingredients. The dough is very thick.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes or more
- Scoop the dough and roll between your palms into 1 inch balls, and then roll each ball in the confectioners sugar to coat.
- Place cookie dough balls on the parchment lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart and bake for approximately 10 minutes until tops are cracked.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your Chocolate Crinkle Cookies!