Chocolate Chip Cake with Cool Whip Topping
This doctored cake mix cake is quick and easy to make, and oh so delicious!
Chocolate Chip Cake With Cool Whip Topping
- Betty Crocker white or yellow cake mix, 1 box
- Jello instant pudding vanilla, 1 small box
- Nestle’s mini chocolate chips, 1 bag or approximately 2 cups
- Cool Whip, large container
- Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
- Milk, 1 cup
- Butter, 6 Tablespoons melted
- Eggs, 4 whole eggs, large
- 13×9 baking pan
- Grease bottom of 9×13 baking pan. Preheat oven as shown in cake mix box.
- In mixing bowl, add the cake mix and pudding mix, stir by hand until well combined. Set aside 2 tablespoons of this mixture – you are going to toss your chocolate chips in to coat them with this dry mixture so they don’t sink.
- Add the wet ingredients to your mixing bowl: eggs, milk, vanilla and butter and mix well for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Put chocolate chips in a bowl by themselves and add the 2 tablespoons of the dry pudding/cake mix and stir to coat the chips.
- Add the chocolate chips to your mixing bowl batter and stir by hand until the chips are well mixed into the batter.
- Pour batter into 13×9 pan and bake according to directions on cake mix box, test center with toothpick for doneness.
- Cool cake, frost with Cool Whip Topping and Enjoy! Be sure to refrigerate leftovers…. if there are any leftovers!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates. Moms Treasure Chest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no added cost to you.