Chocolate Chip Cake with Cool Whip Topping
This doctored cake mix cake is quick and easy to make, and oh so delicious!
Chocolate Chip Cake With Cool Whip Topping
- Betty Crocker white or yellow cake mix, 1 box
- Jello instant pudding vanilla, 1 small box
- Nestle’s mini chocolate chips, 1 bag or approximately 2 cups
- Cool Whip, large container
- Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
- Milk, 1 cup
- Butter, 6 Tablespoons melted
- Eggs, 4 whole eggs, large
- 13×9 baking pan
- Grease bottom of 9×13 baking pan. Preheat oven as shown in cake mix box.
- In mixing bowl, add the cake mix and pudding mix, stir by hand until well combined. Set aside 2 tablespoons of this mixture – you are going to toss your chocolate chips in to coat them with this dry mixture so they don’t sink.
- Add the wet ingredients to your mixing bowl: eggs, milk, vanilla and butter and mix well for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Put chocolate chips in a bowl by themselves and add the 2 tablespoons of the dry pudding/cake mix and stir to coat the chips.
- Add the chocolate chips to your mixing bowl batter and stir by hand until the chips are well mixed into the batter.
- Pour batter into 13×9 pan and bake according to directions on cake mix box, test center with toothpick for doneness.
- Cool cake, frost with Cool Whip Topping and Enjoy! Be sure to refrigerate leftovers…. if there are any leftovers!
Another delicious easy recipe from Moms Treasure Chest: