Chicken Lettuce Wraps
This easy chicken recipe for Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps is bursting with flavor with the health benefits of colorful fruits and vegetables.
- 1/2 lb. ground chicken or turkey
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed Sunkist® lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp. brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 7 drops red pepper sauce
- 2 Sunkist® oranges, washed, peeled, seeded and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro or Italian parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 head Iceberg lettuce, separated into lettuce cups
- In large skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, sauté chicken over medium heat, crumbling and cooking until no longer pink. Pour into dish, set aside.
- Rinse out pan and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Sauté bell pepper, onion, garlic and ginger for 2 minutes. Add meat to pan.
- In small bowl, blend lemon juice, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce and red pepper sauce.
- Pour into pan and stir to coat chicken. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring until sauce is absorbed, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in orange pieces and cilantro. Serve with lettuce cups.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates. Moms Treasure Chest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no added cost to you.