- Look no further, here it is, the best rice krispie treats recipe ever! Rice krispie treats are a favorite of moms everywhere. Not only are they delicious and versatile, they’re easy to make and we can always keep a stockpile of the ingredients on hand.
The best thing about rice krispie treats is that they can be made quickly and on a moment’s notice, in just about 15 minutes from start to finish! Another great thing about krispie treats is that they are are so versatile, here are some v ways you can get creative with them:
- Dip half the treat on melted chocolate or melted color candy wafers.
- For color treats; Add food coloring to the mixture before adding the cereal.
- Use cookie cutters to cut the treats into fun shapes.
After many years of treat making, I find that this is the best rice krispie treats recipe. It’s a little different from the recipe on the box, but I think if you give it a try you too will find that this is the best rice krispie treats recipe ever!
The Best Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- 10 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 stick salted butter
- 2 bags mini marshmallows, 10 oz each
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Measure 10 cups of rice cereal into a bowl and set aside.
- Measure 2 cups of marshmallows and set aside.
- Spray 13×9 baking dish lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
- Spray a very large MICROWAVE SAFE bowl and a spatula with cooking spray.
- Add the stick of butter to bowl. Place bowl in microwave and cook till butter is melted, start with 30 seconds and check, add another 30 seconds and check, keep doing so until butter is melted.
- Add vanilla and salt to bowl, stir.
- Add marshmallows (all except the 2 cups you set aside.) Microwave for 60 seconds. Stir with spatula. Keep microwaving and stirring every 30 seconds until fully melted.
- Once mixture is smooth add the remaining 2 cups of marshmallows and stir well, don’t microwave any more. The added 2 cups of marshmallows will mostly melt and the little lumps that are left are going to add little pockets of marshmallow goodness to the treats. Immediately pour the cereal into the marshmallow mixture bowl and gently stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared baking pan using the spatula sprayed with cooking spray.
- To get evenly sized treats; lay a piece of parchment on top of the treats and use another 13×9 pan placed on top to press mixture down nice and evenly.
- Cool to room temperature, cut into squares and enjoy! Store in an air-tight container.
*for football treats use Cocoa Krispies cereal
Best Rice Krispie Treats Recipe for Holidays and Special Occasions
Another great thing about this Rice Krispie treats recipe is that you can make these plain or change it up for so many different occasions and holidays. For everything from Baby Showers to Birthday Parties, Valenties Day, to Halloween and Christmas, winter, spring, summer and fall and everything in between, there’s not an occasion where Rice Krispie treats wouldn’t be welcome. You can get so creative with Rice Krispie treats, below are just a inspiration ideas for fun krispie treats, visit our Pinterest Board for more great ideas using the best Rice Krispie treats recipe.
Tips for making the best Rice Krispy Treats
- Spray your bowl, spatula and pan with non-stick cooking spray; this makes cleanup much easier.
- To get evenly sized treats; lay a piece of parchment on top of the treats and use another 13×9 pan placed on top to press mixture down nice and evenly before cutting.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates. Moms Treasure Chest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no added cost to you.