Weight Watchers Recipe
These bars will certainly make your mouth pucker! They’re tart yet sweet – perfect for your next party or BBQ.
Lemon Squares first appeared in the 1963 in the Betty Crocker’s Cooky Book and have been popular ever since.
Lemon squares combine the wonderful flavor of freshly squeezed lemon juice with just a few staples such as butter, sugar, flour, eggs, and milk.
5 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Crust: mix flour and light brown sugar, add melted butter into flour mixture and mix well press crust mixture onto an ungreased 13 X 9 glass baking dish lined with parchment paper as evenly as possible; press down with a spatula to create a packed surface. Place crust in middle of oven and bake until golden, about 15- 20 minutes.
- To make lemon topping, beat eggs in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until well blended. Add vanilla extract and 3/4 cup of powdered sugar; mix well. Add lemon juice and remaining powdered sugar; mix until powdered sugar is completely dissolved and then add zest.
- Remove crust from oven and reduce oven temperature to 300°F. Immediately pour lemon mixture over hot crust. Bake for 30-45 minutes; cool, and cut into 24 bars. Enjoy!