Frozen Peach Bellini
The Peach Bellini was invented sometime in the 1940’s by Giuseppe Cipriani, founder of Harry’s Bar in Venice, Italy. He named the drink the Bellini because its unique color reminded him of the toga of a saint in a painting by 15th-century Venetian artist Giovanni Bellini.
The drink started as a seasonal specialty at Harry’s Bar, a favorite haunt of Ernest Hemingway, Sinclair Lewis and Orson Welles. Later, it also became popular at the Harry’s New York bar.
- 3 cups frozen peach slices
- 1 cup mango nectar
- 1 bottle Asti or Prosecco, chilled
- Combine peach slices and mango nectar in blender until smooth.
- Pour peach and mango mixture into champagne flutes until half full. Fill glasses with Asti or Prosecco.
- Serve immediately, garnish with peach slices, if desired.