“Finding Dory” reunites the friendly-but-forgetful blue tang fish with her loved ones, and everyone learns a few things about the true meaning of family along the way.
This Finding Dory Play-Doh set is an inexpensive and fun family activity:
One of our favorite moments in Finding Dory is when Baby Dory says, “I like sand. Sand is squishy!” Create your own squishy sand activity with this kinetic sand recipe. It’s perfect for playing, building, and keeping tiny hands busy.
Kinetic Sand has similar properties to the way that normal sand moves when it is wet. Think of the difference between the dry sand high up on the beach, and the wet sand that is at the edge of the ocean. If you go down to the shoreline, where the waves are gently lapping at the sand, you will notice that when you dig a hole the wet sand starts to flow to fill it up. Kinetic Sand mimics these organic movements.
Squishy Kinetic Sand Recipe
What You’ll Need
- 7 cups of sand
- 7 cups of flour
- 2 cups of baby oil
- Plastic storage box with an airtight lid
- Beach toys or measuring cups
- Carefully mix together sand and flour, adding one cup at a time.
- Add the baby oil and stir until evenly distributed.
- Depending on the texture of the sand, you might consider straining it to remove any rocks or large pieces. This will help create a smooth texture for your dough.
Start your day off Finding Dory Fun by watching the movie together..,..