Snow Ice Cream – Keto Style!
How to Make Keto Snow Ice Cream
Are there snowflakes falling outside? Are you dreading another snow day? A perfect way to avoid shoveling, or to reward yourself for having already shoveled your snow, is to make Snow Ice Cream. Yes, ice cream made with real snow! In this recipe we’re going to make snow ice cream Keto style, a low carb treat! So scoop up some fresh snow and let’s get started making snow cream.
Snow Ice Cream Tips
- Use freshly fallen snow that is soft. If you know it’s going to snow, put a bowl outside to catch the new falling snow to make your snow ice cream.
- Mix it fast to keep from melting. It’s best to mix your snow ice cream outside rather than in a warm kitchen.
- Chill your bowl before mixing. You can either chill it in the freezer or outside in the snow.
- Add fun toppings to your snow ice cream, such as m&m’s, reese’s pieces, sprinkles, nuts, cocoa powder or even ice cream topping sauces like chocolate fudge or caramel sauce
Snow ice cream is a sweet treat you’ll want to eat right after you make it because freezing it for later isn’t really an option…it gets rock hard and doesn’t defrost well.
Hope you enjoy your winter snowfalls this year and this Keto recipe for snow ice cream!
Snow Ice Cream Ingredients:
Just 3 ingredients, plus snow are needed to make Keto snow ice cream. They are heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and Swerve confectioner’s powdered sweetener.
And you’ll need 8 cups of snow for a large batch of Keto snow ice cream:
Making the Snow Ice Cream:
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Sprinkle the Swerve confectioners sugar over the snow in a large bowl.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Pour in the heavy cream and mix well for 2 to 3 minutes. The snow will begin to melt a little and come together into a soft creamy consistency. If your snow ice cream seems a crumbly after mixing for several minutes you can add more cream…in small doses until your snow cream becomes a nice creamy mixture.
Add sprinkles or your favorite toppings to your snow ice cream and enjoy!