Irish Potatoes Candy – Adults Only Version
These sweet coconut candies covered in cinnamon are delicious any time of year, not just St. Patrick’s Day! Although they’re called Irish Potatoes, most recipes don’t have potatoes, just confectioners sugar! This recipe is an adults only version of Irish Potatoes with the addition of coconut rum!
- 1 lb confectioners sugar
- 1/2 stick butter, room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon of Malibu coconut rum, or for the non-alcoholic version use McCormick imitation coconut flavoring.
- 2 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon light Karo syrup
- small bowl of ground cinnamon to roll candies
Irish Potatoes Candy Directions:
- Beat cream cheese and butter
- Add coconut rum and Karoa
- Add sugar gradually and mix well till combined
- Add coconut, mix well
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape into 1 inch balls, roll in cinnamon, place on wax paper to dry. Enjoy!