Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, then lower the temperature to 325 and bake for an additional 35-40 minutes – until a skewer or toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
Easy Pound Cake Ingredients
- 3 cups Flour
- 3 cups Sugar
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Solid Vegetable Shortening (crisco)
- 1 cup Milk
- 6 Eggs
- 3 teaspoons Clear vanilla
- 1 can Vegetable spray
- Add dry ingredients to large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time with mixer on low.
- Add vegetable shortening.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat on high for 5 minutes.
- Pour batter into pan that has been coated with vegetable spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Lower temperature to 325 degrees and bake for another 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick or skewer inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, remove and cool on rack or plate. Enjoy!