Pound Cake Recipe
Say goodbye bakery! After you taste this moist & delicious pound cake with an ooh so yummy crispy top you’ll be
baking all your party and birthday cakes at home instead of going to the bakery!
The best part is how quick and easy this cake is to make, it’s one of those recipes that you’ll have memorized after
making it a few times. I love easy but impressive recipes…
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, then lower the temperature to 325 and bake for an additional 35-40 minutes – until a skewer or toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
Easy Pound Cake Ingredients
- 3 cups Flour
- 3 cups Sugar
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Solid Vegetable Shortening (crisco)
- 1 cup Milk
- 6 Eggs
- 3 teaspoons Clear vanilla
- 1 can Vegetable spray
- Add dry ingredients to large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time with mixer on low.
- Add vegetable shortening.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat on high for 5 minutes.
- Pour batter into pan that has been coated with vegetable spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Lower temperature to 325 degrees and bake for another 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick or skewer inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, remove and cool on rack or plate. Enjoy!
As far as baking pans go, the choice is up to you. You could use a traditional angel food cake pan which most people
use for pound cakes, or you could use a large bundt pan.
I use a bundt pan, because this recipe actually makes enough batter to fill a bundt pan and a loaf pan, and that’s
another reason it’s one of my favorite recipes – you can make the large pound cake for company or to take to a party,
pot-luck dinner, dessert night, etc. and still have a small cake at home for you and your family to enjoy!