Pina Colada’s are great any day of the year but especially in the heat of the summer to go along with a berry spinach salad! So let’s get out the blender and mix up a batch. You don’t need to travel to the islands or beaches to enjoy this tropical drink, you can make this refreshing tropical drink recipe right at home!
My favorite way to make a Pina Colada or any frozen drink is in my Magic Bullet blender for one or two people,and in my Margaritaville blender for a crowd. With the Magic Bullet making frozen drinks is quick and easy and the cleanup is a cinch, just rinse and go! I love the Magic Bullet, it’s my favorite kitchen appliance! You can make tropical drinks, smoothies, even homemade guacamole in the bullet. In fact, healthy smoothies, green juices for detoxing, tropical drinks and frozen fruit slushies are so easy to make with the bullet that I’m making them all the time now – it’s much easier than using a juicer!
Below you’ll find:
- A quick, easy 3 ingredient recipe for a Frozen Pina Colada tropical drink.
- A video visit to the Dole Pineapple Plantation to see pineapple growing & harvesting.
The Piña Colada was created in 1954 by Ramon “Monchito” Marrero Perez at the Beachcomber Bar in the Caribe Hilton of San Juan, Puerto Rico. He intended to capture the tropics in a glass and he sure did a great job!
How to Make a Pina Colada:
- 1 cup Malibu Coconut Rum
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice
- 3/4 cup Cream of Coconut, Coco Lopez
- 5 cups Ice
- Add ice to blender. Add pineapple juice, rum and coconut cream. Blend well.
- Pour , Serve and Enjoy this refreshing tropical drink!