The Pina Colada is said to have been created in 1954 by Ramon “Monchito” Marrero Perez at the Beachcomber Bar in the Caribe Hilton of San Juan, Puerto Rico. He intended to capture the tropics in a glass and he sure did a great job!
Pina Colada’s are great any day of the year but especially in the heat of the summer to go along with a berry spinach salad! So let’s get out the blender and mix up a batch. You don’t need to travel an island to enjoy this tropical drink, you can make this refreshing tropical drink recipe right at home!
My favorite way to make a Pina Colada or any frozen drink is in my Magic Bullet blender if you’re mixing a drink for one. With the Magic Bullet, making frozen drinks is quick and easy and the cleanup is a cinch, just rinse and go! I love the Magic Bullet, it’s my favorite kitchen appliance! You can make tropical drinks, smoothies, even homemade guacamole in the bullet. In fact, healthy smoothies, green juices for detoxing, tropical drinks and frozen fruit slushies are so easy to make with the bullet that I’m making them all the time now.
Here are the Pina Colada recipe ingredients:
Below you’ll find:
- A quick, easy recipe for a Frozen Pina Colada tropical drink.
- A video visit to the Dole Pineapple Plantation to see pineapple growing & harvesting.
- Easy links to pina colada drink making necessities
a must have: ..
How to Make a Pina Colada:
- 2 cups Malibu Coconut Rum
- 2 cups Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup Cream of Coconut, Coco Lopez
- 4 cups Ice
- Add ice to blender. Add pineapple juice, rum and coconut cream. Blend well.
- Pour , Serve and Enjoy this refreshing tropical drink!