Passport for Summer Travel

Get Your Passport for Summer Travel

 If you are planning to travel abroad this summer, you’ll need a passport!

If you do not already have a valid U.S. passport, the time to apply is now. Routine service is 6 weeks, and expedite service is 3 weeks. The expedited service costs an additional $60.  Save the $60 expedite fee by planning ahead!

If you already have a passport, be sure to see how much longer it’s valid. Your passport is valid for 10 years, but remember that your childrens’ passports are only valid for 5 years. Many countries require that your passport have 6 months of validity on it when you enter the country.  So if your passport expires in 5 months and you plan to travel in August, that won’t work. You need to renew!

You can renew a passport conveniently by mail at any time if you meet certain criteria.  If you are applying for the first time or are under 16 years old, you must appear in person at a passport acceptance facility, including designated U.S. post offices, clerks of court, and public libraries.

For more information on how or where to apply, call the National Passport Information Center toll-free at 1-877-487-2778/1-888-874-7793 (TTY/TTD).

Passport Summer Travel


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *