Monkey Fist Knot Nautical Decor DIY Tips
- Watch a lot of youtube videos on how to tie a monkey fist knot. Keep watching videos until you find one that makes sense to you.
- Use coarse rope as you learn, the softer rope can be too slippery and harder to work with at first.
- Insert the ball after making the second round of wraps.
- Wrap slightly loosely and then tighten up all the monkey fist wraps at the end.
- For a finished look that won’t separate add little lines of hot glue between the ropes and press them together after you’ve finished wrapping the entire monkey fist knot.
- Practice practice practice and don’t give up, you’ll soon get the hang of it!