Cheesecake Factory Salads – Luau Salad
Did you know that the first Cheesecake Factory restaurant opened in Beverly Hills in 1978? The currently have 190 locations, including restaurants in Dubai, Canada, Mexico, Kuwait and Hong Kong.
One of my favorite dishes on their menu of 200 plus items is the Luau Salad. Of all the Cheesecake Factory salads, the Luau Salad is my favorite. Sadly, the restaurant chain has taken it off the menu. So, I had to add this recipe to my collection of salad recipes and start making it at home. The Luau Salad is supposed to look like the shape of Diamond Head in Hawaii. It’s packed with tropical flavors that’ll make you feel like you’re on an island getaway in Hawaii.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cooked & Sliced Chicken Breasts – You’ll need 3 chicken breasts and five spice powder. How to Make It: Heat 3 tablespoons oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high. Sprinkle boneless chicken breasts with five-spice powder and salt. Add chicken to pan; cook until done. Remove from pan. Let stand till cool. Cut across the grain into slices.
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 red bell peppers sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell peppers sliced into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups fresh green beans blanched, cut into 3? pieces
- 1 fresh mango cut into small pieces
- 1 red onion cut into small pieces
- 1 cup cucumber slices
- 1 ounce green onions sliced into 1-inch thin strips
- 4 ounces sweet and sour sauce
- 4 ounce macadamia nuts toasted and chopped
- 4 ounce carrots peeled, sliced into 1-inch thin strips
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 8 6-inch egg roll wrappers fried crisp
- Place the mixed greens, cucumber slices, chicken, bell peppers, green beans, red onion, and mango, into a large mixing bowl. Season the greens with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the seasoned rice vinegar, your choice of balsamic vinaigrette, seasoned rice vinegar, sesame oil and granulated sugar.
- Drizzle the dressing over bowl with the salad ingredients, and toss together gently.
- Brush a little sweet and sour sauce onto each crispy egg roll wrapper. Build the salad in each serving bowl with alternating layers of salad mixture, a crispy glazed egg roll wrapper, more salad mixture, another crispy glazed egg roll wrapper and then the remaining salad mixture. Top with the remaining garnishes.
Enjoy this once famous item from the Cheesecake Factory salads menu!
All Posts, cheesecake factory, cheesecake factory luau salad, cheesecake factory salads, easy recipes, luau salad, Recipes, salad recipes, Salads