Funnel Cake Recipe
Funnel Cake Ingredients
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Powdered Sugar, For sprinking on top of cakes
- Frying Pan, 2 inches of oil for frying
- Gallon Size Plastic food Storage Bag
- In a large skillet heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients well and let batter rest for about 5 minutes. If it is too runny add additional flour.
- Add batter to Ziploc type food storage bag. Snip off the edge of one corner to make a hole for the batter to come out – not too big a hole, start small and then you can always increase the size.
- Squeeze the batter into the frying pan. Start with a big circle and connect the ends. Then crisscross all over and make a lattice type pattern.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on each side – until golden brown. The second side won’t take as long as the first. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- When golden brown remove from oil and place on paper towels to drain.
- Serve warm, sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!