Do you have a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe? If not, this may soon become your favorite! Some people like their cookies chewy or cakey or chunky. This is my favorite recipe, it’s similar to the DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. DoubleTree Hotels are known for their warm chocolate chip cookies, which are baked fresh daily. When you check in to stay at a DoubleTree Hotel they give you a large gooey chocolate chip cookie to welcome you, and boy are they delicious!
You can buy DoubleTree cookies online and have them shipped to your house, or you can make them on your own using the recipe below.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 cup quick cook rolled oats, finely ground
- 2-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups semi-sweet, chocolate chips
- Grind oats in a food processor or blender until fine. Combine the ground oats with the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cream butter, sugars, vanilla, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add eggs and mix until smooth. Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture and blend well. Add the chocolate chips and mix until ingredients are well blended.
- For the best results, chill the dough in the refrigerator before baking the cookies for 4-6 hours.
- Spoon rounded portions about the size of a golf ball, onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Place scoops about 2 inches apart. Bake in a 350°F oven for 12-15 minutes or until cookies are light brown and soft in the middle. Enjoy!
The chocolate chip cookies are baked fresh onsite daily at each hotel from frozen dough. Originally, when the DoubleTree cookie tradition began the guests received two cookies in a box in their room. Now, guests receive one larger cookie and instead of it being in their room they receive it at the front desk when they check in to the hotel. To add to the deliciousness they are served warm because every DoubleTree is required to have a warming drawer at the front desk to keep the cookies warm for when guests arrive. I hope you get to enjoy a delicious DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie sometime soon by staying at one of their hotels or by making them on your own at home.