Spread the love
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
This easy chicken recipe for Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps is bursting with flavor with the health benefits of colorful fruits and vegetables.
- 1/2 lb. ground chicken or turkey
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed Sunkist® lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp. brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 7 drops red pepper sauce
- 2 Sunkist® oranges, washed, peeled, seeded and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro or Italian parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 head Iceberg lettuce, separated into lettuce cups
Instructions: (Makes 4 servings)
- In large skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, sauté chicken over medium heat, crumbling and cooking until no longer pink. Pour into dish, set aside.
- Rinse out pan and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Sauté bell pepper, onion, garlic and ginger for 2 minutes. Add meat to pan.
- In small bowl, blend lemon juice, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce and red pepper sauce.
- Pour into pan and stir to coat chicken. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring until sauce is absorbed, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in orange pieces and cilantro. Serve with lettuce cups.