Spread the love
Fall is the perfect time for beef stew and the chance to give this easy recipe a try. This delicious beef stew can be cooking slowly while you’re crafting or playing with the kids!
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 lb. boneless sirloin steak, cut into bite size pieces, tossed in flour
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry red wine [or beef broth]
- 2 lb. potatoes, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- 2 envelopes Beefy Onion Soup Mix
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- Cook bacon in large saucepan until crisp. Remove bacon and crumble; set aside. Brown steak in drippings over medium heat. Remove steak; set aside.
- Stir onion and carrots into same saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and cook 30 seconds. Stir in wine, potatoes, water and Beefy Onion Soup Mix. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Stir in steak and bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until steak and vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in green peas, heat through. Serve and enjoy!