Spread the love
A classic cookie, Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are tender on the inside, almost like a brownie. This fabulous cookie looks great on a holiday cookie tray and it’s an easy recipe to make.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Crisco shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar for rolling
- 1 cup confectioners sugar for rolling
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Fill one small bowl with 1 cup of granulated sugar for rolling and another small bowl with 1 cup of confectioners sugar for rolling cookies.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the shortening and sugar with a mixer.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until combined.
- Add vanilla.
- This part you’ll want to do in thirds and by hand: Pour one third of the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients, stir until combined. Add the next third and stir until all the dry ingredients are wet. Add the last third and again stir until the dry ingredients are wet. I finish by using the mixer for a minute or two to fully combine all ingredients. The dough is very thick.
- Scoop the dough and roll into 1 inch balls and then roll each ball first in the granulated sugar to coat and then in the confectioners sugar to coat.
- Place cookie dough balls on the parchment lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart and bake for approximately 10 minutes until tops are cracked.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, transfer to wire rack to cool completely, and Enjoy your Chocolate Crinkle Cookies!